Tsinat Ministry Disability Services Mission, Vision Statement, and Core Values
To create usable community by all people to the greatest extent possible. Tsinat Ministry and its partners will be seen as a model for independent living, responsive to the ever-changing needs of our communities and of people with disabilities.
Tsinat Ministry believes that people with disabilities belong in the community and have fundamental moral, civil and constitutional rights to be fully included and actively participate in all aspects of society.
A full and active life supported by caring relationships can reduce the occurrence of challenging behaviors in people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. In order to improve the lives of people with disabilities where they have an equal opportunity to participate in all aspects of social, cultural and economic life, we will do awareness, hope, shepherding, networking and support.
- Aware: Educate the community about the right prospective of disability
- Help Ethiopian communities to remove the barriers of attitude, stereotypes, architecture, and communications on disabled person.
- Get to know individuals as people- not as labels, problems, or diagnosis.
- Use a language that honors and respects the individual person,
- Helping churches become more aware of and better equipped to minister to people with special needs and their families.
- Hope: Sharing “the Hope” and God’s love with individuals with Special Needs
- Encourage all people to grow in their faith and their spiritual practices, and to use their gifts for the good of the church.
- Provides a place where individuals with disabilities can share their struggles and be encouraged to be all that God designed them to be.
- Offers a variety of programs including family retreats for families with disabilities, training and curriculum for ministering to kids with special needs, and a disability awareness program.
III. Shepherding: Understanding people with intellectual disabilities and ministering them to find out about a person’s interests and gifts.
- Provides accessible worship and Bible study resources, audiovisual curriculum, and more to assist kids with special needs into classroom.
- Provides the resources needed to train teachers and adapt lesson activities so churches can include individuals with special needs in Sunday school classes.
- Provide special needs friendly activities throughout each teacher guide so that volunteers can help every child learn about the love of God.
- Network: Providing networking to families with disability and sharing their struggle.
- Provide various information, local church that can serve disability ministry, supporting resources and schools for their children
- Support: support family, community and churches.
- Delegate specific tasks to other visionaries, empower others to do their jobs, share the vision and strategy for a common purpose.
- Ensure that our partners building the right team, we take the time to get to know their mission, give training, and involve their activities.
- Provides religious education materials designed specifically for youth and adults with disabilities.
- Providing education counseling, references and support services to churches and Ethiopian communities.
- Equips churches and religious facilities to welcome and include children and families affected by disabilities in all aspects of service.